The 2013 Milwaukee Music Awards winners were:
- Album of the Year: Volcano Choir - "Repave"
- Song of the Year: Vic & Gab - "Let You Down"
- Band of the Year: Volcano Choir
- Solo Artist of the Year: Greg Koch Band
- Catchiest Song of the Year: Boy Blue - "Downtown"
- Bandcamp Release of the Year: Kiings - Warehouses Possessed by the City
- Album Artwork of the Year: Paper Holland - Happy Belated
- Music Video of the Year: The Fatty Acids - "Airsick"
- Best Disc We Missed: Jayk - Everything Ever
- Best Live Show: Kane Place Record Club
- Music Ambassador Award (staff selection): Made In Milwaukee
"Milwaukee is fortunate to have some of the best bands anywhere, which made it hard to pick this year’s winners," said Jordan Lee, on-air personality and assistant program director at the station.
"Milwaukee’s homegrown music scene continues to grow, and we look forward to more bands like these finding big audiences here and around the country."
More than 4,000 people voted online in November to narrow each category down to five finalists, then 88Nine staffers picked the winners in each category and named a the "music ambassador award" winner.
The award winners certainly do a good job representing the diversity of Milwaukee's music scene in 2013, though I'm still scratching my head about how a band won best solo artist, but, hey, it'll get us talking, right?Read more...