11 reasons to check out the Fine Furnishings & Fine Craft Show
The sixth annual Milwaukee Fine Furnishings and Fine Craft Show is this weekend at the Garage at the Harley-Davidson Museum.
Milwaukee's one of only three cities with this show. Baltimore and Providence also have the show.
Because OnMilwaukee.com is a sponsor, we thought we'd share 11 reason why you should attend the show.
- Win great door prizes. Who doesn't like to win stuff? This year several of the exhibitors have donated one-of-a-kind creations. A lamp or vessel from Studio 1136, light dazzlers from Gilbertson Stained Glass Studio and the grand prize, a custom bench/coffee table designed and hand-crafted by Wisconsin craftsman Dale Osowski, is a true classic.
- Get free design advice. ASID interior designers will be on site to help with all of your design challenges, introduce you to the exhibitors and find a craftsman to make a custom piece.
- See student work from MIAD's first furniture making program. Help them launch their careers and be inspired by their creative ideas.
- See the Best in Show Awards on Friday night. Xelebrate with us as we award excellence in design & craftsmanship including new awards for the Best New Product Debut and Best Furniture, Single Piece – Student Work.
- Learn about "tree-cycling" at its finest with exhibitors who have transformed fallen, diseased, or other trees into furniture and accessories. Instead of finding its way to a dumpster or chipper, this valuable resource that has been liven a new life. Each tree is unique which makes each product truly custom.
- Check out new product debuts. Be the first to see work fresh out of the studios and workshops.
- Explore the latest innovations in furniture and accessories from secret drawers for valuables, to hidden flat screen TV storage and more.
- Buy handcrafted outdoor furniture options for next summer. These purchases can help you make the most of the current fall weather or gear up for next summer.
- Shop til you drop. Gift-giving season is just around the corner. Cash and carry items will help you get a head start on your shopping list…or treat yourself to something special.
- See the H-D Museum too. Buy a combo ticket for the show and the museum and you can visit both this weekend or save your museum ticket for another day. You have a whole year to return.
- See the true meaning of Made in the USA. Support local, regional and national craftsmen.
Hours: Friday, 4-8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tickets for one day are $10, two days $15. Children under 12 are free.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.